All of these are AMAZING gifts that any fitness enthusiast would love! Just so you know, some of the links are amazon affiliate links that support BarbellsAndBaking (at no additional cost to you) and help me to be able to keep this blog up and running. Thank you for your support! Happy Shopping!
1. Solid Cast Iron Kettlebell - If you are going to buy anything to workout at home, buy a kettle bell. You can swing, press, lift, or carry them... the amount of different workouts you create are endless! You have the option to pick from 5lbs. to 65lbs. I would recommend the 25-35lb. for the average female and 45-55lbs. for the average male. For experienced athletes or CrossFitters, choose about 10lbs. heavier than that.
2. BlenderBottle ProStak System with Bottle and Twist N' Lock Storage - These blender bottles are a lifesaver! I LOVE how they have little twist storage compartments underneath where I can put my protein powder (already measured out) or fish oil pills. I seriously couldn't this enough for EVERY type of fitness!
3. Trigger Point Performance The Grid Revolutionary Foam Roller - Matt and I have had one of these for years now and it is the best foam roller that requires the smallest amount of storage space and for a great price! Regardless of what you do, yoga, CrossFit, weightlifting, body pump, a foam roller is so helpful to loosen muscles and roll out knots to help you recover better from workouts.
4. Reebok Women's Crossfit Nano 3.0 Training Shoe - My husband and I have both tried the Reebok Nano 2.0, 3.0, and 4.0 shoes. This is the Nano 3.0 and definitely the one that we would recommend the most (for both males and females)! The nano 2.0 is a great shoe (I love them for lifting), but the reason I recommend the 3.0 over them is that the 3.0 is great for both lifting AND running. The 2.0 is not as flexible as the 3.0 and therefore feels a little "clunky" when you run in them. The 4.0 is also good, but like I said, the 3.0 is the best for being able to run AND do everything else - weightlifting, classes, etc. The links above are for the women's nano 3.0 (with other color options). Here is the link for the Men's Nano 3.0. There is nothing like having an AMAZING pair of shoes to workout in!
5. Lululemon Urban Sanctuary Gym Bag - This Lulu bag is beyond perfect. I have it in black and have received SO many compliments about it! It has a lot of little storage compartments (LOVE), and I can easily fit my weightlifting shoes, extra clothes, jumprope, etc. in the main pocket and even stack my yoga mat on top! They also have it in cranberry, neon yellow, and grey/black!
6. Fitbit Flex Wireless Activity + Sleep Wristband - I love how this little device does all the work for you! I've also lately been especially interested in monitoring how long and how well I sleep, so this little device fascinates me! It even wakes you up in a slow, gradual way in the morning!
7. Becoming a Supple Leopard: The Ultimate Guide to Resolving Pain, Preventing Injury, and Optimizing Athletic Performance - This book is your self-help guide to increasing mobility and flexibility, which in turn helps you perform on a higher level! Kelly Starrett does an amazing of explaining movements and positions down to the smallest detail and with great pictures to help guide you.
8. 1 Month Membership at a Local Yoga or CrossFit Gym (or obviously any other fitness activity you think the person would like) - I can't emphasize enough how cool of a gift this is! If you have heard the person you are getting a gift for mention how they would like to try something new or need extra motivation, get them a month membership or trial!
9. Jade Harmony Professional Yoga Mat - This mat is AMAZING. It's a little more expensive than other mats, but you will find that other mats are a little more slippery or wear down faster. PLUS I love the company! JadeYoga plants a tree for every mat they sell, all mats are made in the U.S. AND the mats are biodegradable! Not to mention they have tons of sweet colors to choose from! Anyone wanting to or already doing yoga would love this.
10. Rx Jump Rope - Last but not least are these jump ropes. This is especially if your person is interested in working out at home or doing CrossFit. My husband and I own about 4 of these between the two of us and we refuse to use any other type of jumprope now. They are the highest quality and are the best option for anyone who is looking to add in this cardiovascular movement to their workouts.
Questions? Anything else you would add to the list! Feel free to offer other suggestions!