I reached a point in my life 1 year ago where I decided to pursue holistic alternatives to support my health. My eyes had started opening up to what I was actually putting in, on, and around my body AND family, and for the first time in my life, I started questioning it.
Growing up, I was taught that Windex and 409 cleaners were the way to go. They got the job done. Indigestion and stomach issues or headaches and cramps? Over the counter medication. Mosquito bites? Just put some anti-itch cream on it. Want your house or office to smell good? Buy some candles, or use scentsy warmers, or plug in those air fresheners.
It never occurred to me that these habits that I grew up could in fact be harmful for me and my family! It was only until my husband and I began pursuing a healthier lifestyle and reading labels and ingredients on everything we were putting IN our bodies that I realized that I also needed evaluate what I was putting ON and AROUND my body (by the way, did you know that the skin is the largest organ of our bodies and absorbs a large part of what is put on it into the blood stream?). I had absolutely no idea what the majority of ingredients were on the labels of the over the counter medications and household cleaning products.
I was very skeptical of these oils at first (and my husband even more so). Since I got my starter kit though I've been astounded at the ways they have naturally promoted health in my life. I started learning how with therapeutic grade essential oils I could ditch all of the chemical-filled products, save money, and use healthier remedies that actually work!
Here are just a couple of the main ways that I use Essential Oils:
- Sore muscles from Exercise– We use Pan Away Essential Oil to help soothe and relax muscles, reduce pain, and promote blood flow. I also use Pan Away to ease discomfort from occasional normal menstrual cramps.
- Seasonal Discomfort - I use a combination of lavender, lemon, and peppermint oils to support my sinuses, especially in the Spring!
- Occasional Head Tension - A drop of Pan Away on my temples and on the back of my neck can help alleviate the tension.
- Bug Bites – I rub Purification or Lavender Oil on bug bites to calm and soothe them.
- Bath & Beauty Products - I love to make my own Epsom bath salts with lavender - so calming and relaxing!
- Restful Sleep – I have a roll-on bottle of lavender, cedarwood, valor, and peace & calming that I put on my temples and wrists before I go to bed and sometimes I diffuse it to create a relaxing, calming, and comforting atmosphere and promote deeper and more restful sleep.
- Immune Support – I rub Thieves Essential Oil on the bottoms of my feet, diffuse it in the air, and add a drop of Thieves and Lemon to my tea to support healthy immune function (especially with "flu season" going around).
- Supporting the Digestive System – Drinking a glass of water with a drop of peppermint oil supports a healthy and balanced digestive system and may help occasional nausea. DiGize is also another oil that is excellent for supporting a healthy digestive system. Simply put a drop on your tongue after a meal or rub a couple drops on your stomach.
- Air Freshener – I LOVE diffusing a variety of essential oils as a chemical-free air freshener in our home. There are so many different combinations you can try and it smells amazing and certain oils such as Purification actually remove bad odors (necessary especially with having a large dog and man that does CrossFit living under this roof)!
- Cleaning – I use a mix of vinegar and lemon oil or the Thieves Household Cleaner to clean my entire home without chemicals. Lemon also works even better than "Goo Gone" for anything sticky. Just recently, I've also started using YL Thieves Dish Soap and Detergent. Making little steps to start using natural products has been huge in eliminating toxins!
And these are just the basics (seriously)! So, while it may seem like an investment upfront, essential oils have saved me money by not having to purchase many other household and personal care items!
Why I Choose Young Living Essential Oils
It's important to note that a lot of the essentials oils you can buy in health food stores and online stores are NOT 100% essential oils. Young Living Essential Oils are 100% pure therapeutic-grade essential oils (unlike most of the other oils bought in stores or online) - this means that they also have therapeutic properties to them (in other words, they will actually be effective for their purpose), not just for smell.
Young Living carefully monitors the production of their oils from the time the seed is planted through the time the bottle is sealed, ensuring the purity of each essential oil. They call this the Seed to Seal Guarantee (see below). Young Living is also the only EO Company that owns their own farms and therefore can absolutely guarantee that no pesticides or herbicides were used in the growing of any of their oils. They even use essential oils for pest control and do all of the weeding by hand! The Seed to Seal process is what actually sold me on Young Living. I research EVERYTHING before I buy it, and in doing that with essential oils, found that YL was the only company that could claim this!
How to Buy Young Living Essential Oils
There are two ways that you can purchase Young Living Essential Oils:
- You can sign up as a Wholesale Member (24% discount off of the regular price)
- or as a Retail Customer (full price).
Benefit of a Wholesale Membership:
- It's free
- 24% off of retail prices
- No minimum monthly purchase
- No required selling
- Access to buy the premium starter kit (see below for price comparison)
The wholesale membership also gives you the option of sharing oils with your friends and family, which means you could earn monthly commissions that could pay for your own oil use (this is a huge help to me since I order and use essential oils on a regular basis)! You will also receive promotions for free oils. In no way are you required to run a Young Living business as a wholesale member, but it is an option if you would like to explore that.
When signing up, you will have a couple options for starter kits. I started with the Premium Starter kit and would also recommend it to everyone else because it comes with a diffuser and the main oils that are used most frequently.
The Premium Starter Kit comes with everything you'll need to get started with essential oils:
- 10 5-ml bottles of the following essential oils – Lavender, Peppermint, Lemon, Copaiba, Frankincense, PanAway, RC, Thieves, Digize, and Purification oil blends. ($170 value)
- 1 bonus bottle of Stress Away Oil 5-ml ($40 Value)
- A diffuser ($84 value)
- Essential oils user’s guide
- AromaGlide Roller Fitment (so that you can turn any oil into a roll on - I used mine on Stress Away)
- 10 popular oil samples - Lavender, Peppermint, Peace & Calming, Lemon, and Thieves (2 of each for you to share with your friends!)
- Two NingXia Red 2-oz. samples (antioxidant energy support)
Now I get that the world of essential oils can be a little confusing at the beginning, trying to know what oils to use, if you should dilute them, where to apply them, etc., so I use the commission money that I make to give you back freebies that will be a HUGE help in your oily journey.
If you get a premium Young Living starter kit (which is, on its own, is a really amazing deal at $160) then I will ALSO mail you an Essential Oils Reference Guide Book and a set of essential oil labels to keep your oils organized (both some of my favorite tools that I use).
Oh, and one quick thing. You get ELEVEN 5 ml bottles with this deal. People always ask each time I talk about this starter kit if it’s just the samples. Nope, you get everything in the picture above with your kit including the 11 - 5 ml bottles of oils.
If you are ready to buy a starter kit, then be sure to sign up as a wholesale member (with one of the premium starter kits) through the instructions below.
1. Head over to the Young Living page here and fill out your information.
2. Be sure the "Member" option is checked so that you don't end up paying retail prices (which are 24% more than wholesale) and “Enroller ID” and “Sponsor ID” boxes say 2523355 (so that I can send you your freebies)!
3. Select which starter kit you want to get. To get the freebies, you’ll need to check the option that says “Premium Starter Kit”. You can get the kit with a home or dewdrop diffuser that is $160, the raindrop for $205, or the aria diffuser for $260.
4. If you already know that you want to be ordering regularly, then you can go ahead and sign up for Essential Rewards right there when you order your starter kit. It’s an amazing way to earn FREE oils with your order every month. It’s a completely optional program, so if you’re just wanting the starter kit for now then you can just skip this part of the sign-up process. I’ll send over an email with more details on that part of things after you sign up.
4. Complete the Membership information page.
Note - if you are interested in possibly selling Young Living products in the future, select the individual with social security number or business with social security number (if you make $600 or more you will receive a 1099 form in the mail (which is required by law). Young Living will never share this info with anyone.
7. Go through the checkout process.
8. IMPORTANT: After you sign up, FILL OUT THIS FORM HERE and use the code “BBESSENTIALOILS” at the bottom.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact me at email@example.com!
IMPORTANT: This promotion is only available when you sign up with the sponsor ID and enroller ID as #2523355.
- Frequently Asked Questions -
Does signing up make me a “distributor”?
Nope! You are not required to sell anything at all to anyone. When you become a wholesale member, you get a special link that you can share with friends and get credit from their purchases, but there are no minimum sales amounts at all. In fact, 90% of the wholesale members in Young Living don’t do the business side at all. They are buying from Young Living because of the quality alone.
Am I required to make a minimum purchase each month?
There are absolutely NO minimum monthly purchase requirements. To remain a wholesale member, you have to make $50 worth of purchases per year to keep your membership. But if there’s a year that you don’t make a $50 purchase, you can reinstate your wholesale membership discount by just placing a $50 order.
If you do find yourself making regular purchases each month, then Young Living has a rewards program (called Essential Rewards) where you can make a nice percentage back in product credit each month on all of your purchases. So that’s a neat program to join if you find that you *want* to purchase regularly (but it’s not a requirement for being a wholesale member).
Why should I buy from Young Living instead of other essential oils companies?
It does seem like a new essential oils company pops up every day, doesn’t it?
I can’t speak to the quality of other companies, but I can say that Young Living was the only company in my research of essential oil companies that could answer all of my questions about purity in a way that was satisfactory to me.
Young Living was the only company that has their own farms (in the regions where the plants should be grown), could absolutely guarantee that no pesticides or herbicides were used in the growing of any of their oils (they use essential oils for pest control and they do all of the weeding by hand), has their own testing equipment (they do both in-house and 3rd party testing, and use many different testing methods not just GC/MS which only tests for certain chemicals, not whether those chemicals are synthetic or not), and only uses the first distillation of oils instead of adding chemicals to get more out of the plant.
Young Living also was the only company that was directly in charge of essential oil farming operations. Every other company I researched goes through some kind of an “oil broker” to buy their oils. They have to trust that the oil broker is telling the truth, who has to trust that the essential oil distilleries are telling the truth, who have to trust that the farmers are telling the truth about what they say they are doing.
With Young Living, you just have to trust one company instead of several.
I feel like it’s a trust step either way (anyone could be lying) but I felt the most comfortable trusting Young Living since they are a full-disclosure company. ANYONE can visit the farms, participate in the harvesting and distillation, view the Young Living labs, and see the entire process. That’s not an option with any other company.
How will I know how to use my oils?
One of the benefits of getting a starter kit through this promotion is that you also get to join our private Facebook group that’s specifically for questions about essential oils!
The educational materials that I’m giving away as part of this promotion are also a HUGE resource. You can look up lots of things in it and see which essential oils and supplements may be helpful.
Lastly, I am always here to answer any of your questions! Feel free to email or Facebook me at any point if you need anything.
Does Young Living only sell essential oils?
The answer to this one was surprising to me when I first got my starter kit! Young Living actually has an entire line of personal care products, supplements, meal replacements, energy drinks, and more! Almost every product incorporates essential oils (for example, frankincense is absolutely wonderful in facial products), but there’s a wide variety of products available.
What if I live outside of the United States?
For those who live in Canada, we will mail the book and labels, but will need to either reduce or remove the gift card to cover the extra shipping charge.
International orders of 100 PV or more will receive a $15 Amazon gift card. Many times the only kit that is offered to those that reside outside of the US doesn’t have a PV at all. To receive the gift card, you will need to have a minimum of 100 PV in your final order.
What about overseas US military?
If you are military with an APO/FPO address, you can still receive the same promotion as those in the United States since the address is here in the US.
Please let me know if you have any other questions at all! Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I will get back to you as soon as possible. I can't wait to have you join me in the journey of exploring essential oils and how amazing they are for your health, life, and family!
Disclaimer: These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Please confirm any information obtained from or through this web site with other sources, and review all information regarding any medical condition or treatment with your physician. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay seeking medical treatment because of something you have read on this website.